Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Three Ingredient Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

As usual, I was wasting time on Pinterest when I stumbled upon this three ingredient chocolate chip recipe. I immediately dropped everything I was doing to make them. As much as I like cooking, I get so excited whenever I hear the words "quick", "easy" and "healthy". 

They are  WAY better than I expected and I will be making them whenever I have a sweet craving. My plan was to east just one and freeze the rest for later... and instead I ate half the batch. Thank god for Zumba today. 



yummm.. look at these delectable, warm, misshapen cookies. I promise they taste way better than they look.




PS.... my kitchen smells amazing right now... 

Prep Time ~8 minutes
Cook Time ~15-20 minutes
Makes 8 cookies

Ingredients
  • 2 really ripe bananas
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • ~1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • splash of vanilla
  • dash of pumpkin spice
  • sprinkle of salt 
  • Optional: walnuts, pecans, dried cranberries, raisins
Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Mash up the bananas, I used a potato masher and left very few chunks.
  3. Thoroughly mix in the rest of the ingredients. 
  4. Very important to prep your cookie sheet with a baking mat, wax paper or oil.
  5. Drop the cookie dough in 8 approximately even circles on your cookie sheet.
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top and edges are golden brown.
Enjoy! 

Note: I did not use a baking sheet, oil, or wax paper and I had a fun time scrubbing the mess of my pan afterwards - so don't skip this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment